HomeProjectsHome CookingFarm LifeContact Me

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Our Old Barn









I love old barns don't you?  I especially love this one that is on our property. It belonged to my Dad. It probably won't be long before this beautiful old barn falls. It is leaning more all the time. I hope to salvage some of the boards to make signs for our family. These are pictures from last winter when we had a really pretty snow. We have not had any snow this year except for a dusting one day a few weeks ago. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

8 comments:

  1. I too love old barns. Yours has a lot of character - I love the idea to repurpose the wood -fantastic pictures!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treasure! We don't have cattle, but we raise Pygmy goats, geese, ducks, chickens, sheep, and donkeys--and 3 Yorkes! I am so happy you stopped by Rattlebridge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A treasure, indeed! Pleased to meet you, Sister Missouri Farm Girl ;) And happy to follow along on your adventures. Heck, we could even be neighbors.. lol! -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your barn, and if you can't SAVE it, then your plan to save salvage some of the boards is an excellent one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, salvage some of the wood! I really like the peep through the barn in the second shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to Barn Charm!

    Absolutely enjoyed the pictures! It looks like a wonderful old barn & one I'd love to explore! These old barns really make me giddy... the history wrapped up in them is incredibly interesting to me

    Thank you so very much for joining in & linking up to this week's Barn Charm =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. my dads barn as well...lots of good memories there

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow. what a great barn. love your blog so cute!! thanks, for sharing with barn charm. (:

    ReplyDelete