HomeProjectsHome CookingFarm LifeContact Me

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Two new recipes-Taco Soup and Taco Spaghetti

The last couple of weeks I have made Taco Soup a couple of times. It's really good to take to work for lunch on a cold day. Last Sunday I made a new recipe, Taco Spaghetti. It was so good. I hope you enjoy the recipes.

Taco Soup
1 to 1 1/2 pounds lean hamburger
1 medium onion
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
2 tablespoons of taco seasoning
1 large can diced tomatoes, sometimes I use another small can
Add some water
1 can corn undrained
Brown hamburger with onion, drain grease off, add other ingredients and simmer for a while.
Serve with sour cream and tortilla chips.
Yum!!!

Taco Spaghetti
1 pound or so of ground beef
1 small chopped onion
3/4 cup water
2 tablespoons of taco seasoning
11 oz can of corn drained
1 cup of cheddar cheese
3/4 cup salsa
5 oz or so of broken spaghetti broken into smaller pieces

Cook and drain your pasta. Brown ground beef with onion. Drain any fat, then add taco seasoning and water and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for a couple of minutes. Add corn, pasta, salsa, half of cheese. Lightly mix. Pour into greased 2 qt casserole dish. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Top with rest of cheese and serve with sour cream and taco chips if desired. I cooked mine in an oven proof skillet so it only took the one pan. I cut into pie sized wedges, a dollop of sour cream on top and tortilla chips. The leftovers were just as good as the day I made it.

8 comments:

  1. Taco spaghetti sounds unusual, but I bet it's really tasty! And the soup looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love taco (only we call it salsa ) soup...never have tried the taco spaghetti...it has all of my favorite ingredients so it's gotta be good!
    THANKS for coming by:)
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and following me! I am now following you too. Love the name of your blog. So cute! Those recipes look good. The taco soup looks particulary good. I love a spicy hearty soup like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute name for your blog, I had to check it out due to the name! I just found you today while clicking through another blog. Noticed that you posted about taco soup (love the stuff) I also posted a taco recipe earlier today at mine for shredded roast tacos. They are super yummy! Now I'm off to start following your blog. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Thanks for stopping by the farm! It is always so nice to meet another farm girl!
    I have to tell you ... I had to laugh a little at your profile ... in a good way ... the part where your hubby puts up with all your ideas! Most of your profile could read as tho it was mine! toooooo funny!
    Your photos are beautiful! I hope you stop by again, as I will your farm blog.
    p.s. I'm not sure which pillow you are talking about ... but if you e mail me ... I can figure it out ...
    Thanks again for stopping!
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Taco Soup looks yummy! I will have try that recipe out! I've enjoy your blog and have become one of your newest followers. Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking recipes! Making me hungry...although maybe a little early in the day for taco stuff! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog...I think you and I are cut from the same cloth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds yummy~ thanks for sharing the recipe~
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete