HomeProjectsHome CookingFarm LifeContact Me

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Life with Cookie









A couple of months ago we adopted a kitten and I named her Cookie. She rode for several miles underneath a car to town where a friend of mine works. My friend emailed me for advice about how to get her out. It was a rainy day and the girls at the bank were dressed for work so couldn't lay on the ground and no one could reach far enough up under the car to get a hold of her. I called one of the women I know that helps with animal rescues and she said would go as soon as she could. In the back of my mind during all these emails I was thinking about taking her. They finally got her out and took her inside and put her in a box. You know the drill, some of them wanted her but for whatever reasons couldn't take her. So here I go, I walk in the bank and say "Are you all giving away kittens today with a deposit". So that's how it came to be that Cookie now lives with us. After a vet visit to get checked out to make sure she hadn't been hurt during the ride, and to check out her eye, one pupil is smaller than the other one, she had a clean bill of health. A hundred dollars or so later which when I went to pay the bill was already paid by my friend that had hoped I would take her she sat in my lap and home we went. It took a few weeks for our dog Molly to get used to her but now they are romping through the house like crazy. My friend Karen says Cookie won the lottery to get to live at our house.

5 comments:

  1. Whatta cutie! CONGRATS on the new addition! We are fostering 5 kittens that were strays in our town. I also waited for someone else to take them, but no one did. They will be going up for adoption, and I'm fighting that feeling like you did about one that has crept into my heart like your girl Cookie has!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim, they sure can creep into your heart. My husband loves her too. I'm sure you have seen my storied about Molly and Jake who also came from bad circumstances. But now they are living the good life.

      Delete
  2. Aww I love this! Cookie is precious and there's nothing more fun than a kitten.

    Years ago we adopted a kitten under extremely similar circumstances. We found a kitten and when I tried to drive home from work with it, it went up inside the dash of my car. This was August!! My husband had to take the dash off and remove our little kitty who was so tiny and dehydrated. He was with us for 11 years. Not long enough!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Stacey, 11 years is not long enough. We have had several cats in our life that lived a long time but it's never enough. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  3. thanks for telling me about your blog. I have become your latest follower

    ReplyDelete