HomeProjectsHome CookingFarm LifeContact Me

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

What a week!!!

Jake the NWTF Turkey Hunting dog.
Jake, the tired turkey hunting dog. He has his leg over my gun and is leaning on Richard's arm.
Is he driving???
Turkey hunting morning sunrise at the farm.
Sunrise fog on the pond.
What u lookin at???
I think they are posing for me
Look at that face, he is so funny. This is Lucas.
Lucas my great nephew and our sweet baby.
After a unsuccessful morning of turkey hunting but we love being in  the woods at sunrise.
I love my man in camouflage.
I don't really wear the jewelry hunting but the lipstick YES!!!
I took this tonight, look how much the kids have grown in a month.
A little boy in awe of a big train.
I'm sorry I haven't posted for a while but a week ago Sunday my husband and I were turkey hunting on our farm and I harvested a turkey. I guess I had my shotgun to far into my shoulder because the next day my chest started hurting and it got worse the next day. I just took ibuprofen and it would get better. Well on Friday I made a doctor appointment for the following Monday. Actually it was my breast that was hurting and all us women know what a scare that is but I had been for my yearly checkup the week before so I figured it was the recoil from the gun. My doctor just thinks I bruised some ribs and the pain radiates to the breast. Then Monday night a huge bottle of detergent fell off the washer on the floor and when I went to the utility room half of that had spilled on the floor.Oh, that was fun to clean up. Let me tell you I was slipping and sliding around but oh what a clean floor I have now. When I came back upstairs the pan I had on my solid surface cook top (milk, butter, water) was boiling over and had ran all over the stove and baked on the burner. My husband was cooking on the bbq grill and when he came in I told him what had happened and he said I was only gone for 20 minutes, how did all that happen? Lol!!! One night he came in and I had caught the dish towel on fire. Really people I am a good cook, I just try to do too many things at a time. Well anyway here are a few pictures I have taken recently. I didn't post any pictures of me and my turkey although I am proud of my success. This is my third large bird in my four years I have hunted. We do eat the meat and it is living the country life. I am from a hunting family and my husband and I enjoy doing this together. I wrote a story about our hunt 2 years ago. The NWTF is going to print my story in their magazine Turkey Country and I am very proud of that. I am joining this party. You can find me here.
Vintage Inspiration at Common Ground.

6 comments:

  1. I love these photos...it is so pretty on your property! Congrats on having your article published! Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're okay--We have several wild turkey's on our property this year, and I'm not sure what they're looking for or hiding from! :-) But congrats on the article and getting a turkey, I know it's not easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting published!
    My how the baby sheepies have grown! Love all the pictures and little Lucas is such a cutie-pie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at those big babies. Sigh. Congrats on getting published!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the article~ but sorry about your injury~ sending you prayers~
    Your photos of you land are just breathtaking~ I so enjoy looking at the land & the animals~
    Lucas is a just so handsome~
    wishing you better~
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little Jake is adorable. So happy that you found one another. Congratulations on your article!
    best,
    joan

    ReplyDelete